A WPS Career
We are pleased you are interested in career opportunities at Woodland Presbyterian School. We are committed to maintaining a talented faculty and staff. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds and support diversity through our academic and extracurricular initiatives as well as our faculty development programs.
Candidates interested in a position listed below at Woodland Presbyterian School should send a resume, a completed Faculty Application and a personal statement of educational philosophy with cover letter to email@example.com or to:
Woodland Presbyterian School
5217 Park Avenue
Memphis, Tennessee 38119
Our school believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status.
Current career opportunities at Woodland Presbyterian School are below:
Grade Levels: Little Woodland (two year olds) – eighth grade
Department: Early Childhood, Lower School, and Middle School
Immediate Supervisor: Division Director
Job Summary: Substitute for regular classroom teacher
• Assume all duties and responsibilities of regular classroom teacher;
• Follow lesson plans provided by classroom teacher and facilitate learning opportunities for students;
• Supervise students throughout daily routine in a variety of settings;
• Communicate effectively and interact with students and staff (With parents, as necessary);
• Provide an environment and climate conducive to the cognitive, educational, social, emotional, and physical development of children;
• Other duties as requested.
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Education or a related field
• Experience working with children, preferably as a classroom teacher
• Ability to regularly sit, turn, bend, reach, walk, talk, hear and visually observe students and the environment
• A positive attitude and the ability to work well with others
Applicants should submit an application, a resume, and a letter of interest to Amy Smythe, Head of Early Childhood and Lower School, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to 5217 Park Avenue, Memphis, TN, 38120. All candidates must pass a drug screening test and background check, as well as provide three references before being employed.
Woodland maintains an active database of qualified candidates for positions that may become available. To submit your resume, please click here.