Outdoor Learning Center
Woodland embraces academic excellence, spiritual development, social consciousness, community collaboration, and a positive sense of self. Our Woodland mission is to prepare students to strive for their personal best in many ways. The Outdoor Learning Center provides academic opportunities in:
- Science - growing environments, engineering, sustainability, and plant life cycles
- Math - prediction, comparison, spatial reasoning, volume, and measuring
- Art - design and creating
- Language Arts - writing poetry and original books, and acting
- Enterprise - effort, collaboration, sense of accomplishment, and beautification of Woodland
Creating a beautiful GARDEN builds character, responsibility, and reliability in a joyful learning environment.
G – gardening helps children grow a love for and an understanding of the importance of taking care of our earth!
A – all of the senses are involved and sensory learning is memorable learning!
R – roots are the foundation of long lasting and beautiful memories and reminders of children’s time at Woodland.
D – digging, planting, watering, growing, and harvesting teach follow through and dedication.
E – everyone can get involved and working with others builds collaboration and communication skills.
N - being in nature nourishes us spiritually and gives many opportunities to serve others.